Tuesday, March 30, 2010

When the Best ain't at it's Best


OPI nail polish came out with limited edition, Alice in Wonderland collection which are very gorgeous and were all themed accordingly or rather somewhat related to the movie. so the other day i decided on getting my nails done, it had been awhile seen i got me mani and pedi anyway. my usual spot is at the Cut Above, Pavilion its part of Parkson by the way. the colour entitled Mad As A Hatter was what i chose, it's the second bottle in the picture above. a very dense rainbow of colours. very packed glittery lacquer. my toes were fully and evenly painted, so in my opinion they looked like disco balls HEHE :) my manicurist suggested that i don't paint my finger nails fully glittered so it wouldn't look too over the top.

the base is very baby pink and as you can see them glitters are at the tippy top of the nails :)
this picture was taken after getting my nails done the SECOND time. despite of it's pretty colour and attractive shimmers, DO NOT BUY or USE this colour! i don't know how OPI actually approved of this bottle of lacquer because it really isn't long lasting AT ALL, and we all know that nail colours with glitters are supposed to be long lasting. it was just 5 days and the paint started to chip off! as for my toe nails, damnnnn the whole layer of paint "poped" out in a PERFECT condition which were all shaped of my nails! they're popping out one by one -.- i was so flabbergasted. i even thought of pasting it back using some glue HAHAHA! i guess i don't need to waste on nail polish remover :D HAHA! geeweez. according to manicurist, Mandy (a really sweet lady who REpainted my nails for FOC, shooo sweet hor =3)
the colour Absolutely Alice has the same problem.

i have googled about this and TRUE enough! people have been complaining about the exact same thing! it's so disappointing because just look at those colours!! GORGEOUS LAHHH :( what a waste. AH WELL.. :) you could give the other non-glittery colours like Thanks So Muchness and Off With Her Head a try and tell me if they're both long lasting! :D

xoxo,
Mel

No comments: