Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Asian Open Dance Championship 2008 held by WDC

Monday morning I woke up with smudged mascara under my eyes even though I cleaned it up with my MAC cleanse off oil base when i got home at around 1am. The waterproof mascara by Lancome is very stubborn alright.

Anyway, I attended a Dance competition on the 9th of March which was last Sunday!
I bought tickets to watch the afternoon events but when i got there most of the Latin events were OVER!!!! geez i was so bump out.

Uncle YS: why so late?!?!
Mom: huh? late meh? i thought latin is only at 12pm......
Uncle YS: nooo, it started at 930am.

Me: =.=!!! *what the..*

We found out that they switched it! Fantastic!
Cause usually standard events would start first and following with latin events.
Fortunately we got to see the last 2 categorizes which were the Amateur Asian Close, final and Novice,final. Tze Hao and Su Li were the champions for the Amateur Asian Close.

Since we were already there and paid 40 bucks we stayed to watch the standard events.
It started at around 2pm. Waltz, Tango, Viennese waltz, Foxtrot and the Quickstep!
My favourite dance is the quickstep, its so lively and fun! The tempo is so up beat! I only like watching the pros dance standard, the locals here make me fall asleep unfortunately hahaha! I guess I've gotta give some credit to them since i myself don't even know the basics of Waltz hehe!

When my mom and I heard that there will be so many international dancers who would be competiting during the night, we bought 2 tickets! Totally last minute huh? well we weren't the only ones. Janet called me up to ask whether I was there and to buy a ticket for her as well. Rm250 the cheapest! Expensive? Nope! It was so worth 250 bucks =D

Dancers from USA, Estonia, Italy, Kazakhstan, Russia, China, Japan, Thailand, Philippines, Hong Kong, England, Korea, Slovenia, Slovakia, Canada, Norway, Ukraine, Australia, Macau, Denmark, Germany, Singapore and our very own Malaysia competed that very night!


Sexy Janet and I

The prettiest lil girl, Shefa! A really good dancer =) Champion for under 12 category!
don't play play okay!


If I'm not mistaken she is Lorena Cravero from Italy. Her costume is really pretty =)

Us with Tze Hao and Su Li

Peter and Kristina Stokkebroe. They are the no.1 couple in the whole wide world for the Amateur level! Yup! they competed in Blackpool =D

Franco and Oxana

An awesome shot!

A very sexy couple!

Us with the 1st couple for the Professional Open, Peter and Kristina Stokkebroe!
Such amazing dancers!
Their a married couple btw =D

2nd Franco and Oxana, from Germany!

5th Andre and Natalie Paramonov from Toronto, Canada!

4th, A Russian couple if not mistaken.

Janet and I, the 2 stubborn kids who were sitting on the floor even though we were told not 2! muahaha!

Leonard got restless!

Rabbito and mousie haha!

Can't wait for more competitions like these to come by!

Love, Mel

No comments: